The Poseidonion Grand Hotel has been a landmark on the Spetses skyline for nearly a century with its exceptional architecture echoing hotels of Côte d’Azur style.
The hotel which first opened in 1914 was the brainchild of Sotirios Anargiros, a visionary benefactor who was responsible for much of Spetses’ development. Futhermore it represented the cosmopolitan face of the island and soon became one of its famous landmarks and, what is more, rapidly became a favourite destination for high society, royalty and the wealthy Athenians.
Following a meticulous five-year restoration programme which has brought the hotel fully up to date with the finest facilities, fixtures, and fittings while carefully preserving the original architecture of the building, Poseidonion Grand Hotel, fully refurbished, re-opened its doors in the summer of 2009, ready to welcome new visitors.
The hotel comprises of two buildings with superior and deluxe rooms and suites, several with private gardens or balconies offering spectacular views of the Dapia Port area and the sparkling blue-turquoise Sea.