Poseidonion Grand Hotel
The “Poseidonion Grand Hotel” is a reference point of the island of Spetses for a century with its special architecture, which is reminiscent of the hotels of the Côte d’Azur.
Vision of the patriotic benefactor Sotirios Anargyros, who contributed the most to the development of Spetses, the “Poseidonion Grand Hotel” opened its doors for the first time in the summer of 1914, giving the island a cosmopolitan glow. It soon became a landmark of the island, hosting notable members of Greek society.
The “Poseidon” hotel in Spetses was built by the national benefactor Sotirios Anargyros, within the framework of the program he had drawn up for the tourist development of the island. For its time it was the largest and most majestic provincial hotel in our country.
The construction of the hotel, designed by the architect Pan. Jealous, began in the summer of 1911 and ended in the spring of 1914.
The newly built hotel incorporated, as its harmonious extension, the Dim. Goudi, which had been bought by Anargyros. The reconstruction of “Poseidon” was, like all the works of Anargyros, a technical miracle for the data of his time. Dozens of craftsmen and workers worked under the coordinating supervision of the engineer Odysseus. Kakavou. Its equipment was excellent and luxurious.